Saturday 18 February 2012

Olivetti - Valentine typewriter references.

The current exhibition 'my valentine' was inspired by the influence of many authors who have published about industrial design and in particular about Olivetti. My passion for industrial design has been fuelled by those who have documented practice and celebrated the profession. I had the great pleasure to meet Professor Penny Sparke in my role with the Design Archive at RMIT University and I took the opportunity to have her sign my copy of her book 'Italian Design, from 1870 to the present' by Thames and Hudson. I also noted that a book on Ettore Sottsass Jnr for the Design Council in 1982 is listed as Penny's first published work on Wikipedia. I have also collected copies of exhibition programs like the one from the Museum of Modern Art Olivetti exhibition.


A selection of texts and references on industrial design at Olivetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment